Principals Message
View More
Notice Board
  • 13/08/15
    Welcome to our College Website
  • 14/09/15
    www.kmwc.org.in
View All News  
 
Brief History

Kanaka Manjari Women's College has been started in the year 1981 on the edge of sacred river Baitarani under the patronage of the people of the locality and the educationists to spread women education in this backward area.

The institution has been named in the name of Kanak Manjari, a pious lady who was the mother of Niranjan Pattanaik, Ex-Minister and Ex-M.L.A., Ramachandrapur.

At the beginning in the year 1981 the college was functioning in the Jhadeswar High School premises with 25 numbers of students and 8 numbers of teaching and non-teaching staff in Arts faculty only. In course of time the college was shifted to Auditorium Hall, Irrigation Colony, Salapada in the year 1983.
The college again shifted to it's own building, completed in the year 1985. The foundation stone was laid by Niranjan Pattanaik the then Minister of Odisha. Late Akshay Kumar Mishra was the founder Secretary as well as donner member of the then governing body of the college. He had tremendous contribution to this institution.

The college has approximately 10 acres of land having a very good compound wall around it. The college is providing hostel facility to accommodate near about 250 boarders coming from far distance places. Gradually the Science faculty in +2 level was opened and Degree in Arts opened in 1987.
The college got recognition from the Government in +2 Arts, +2 Science and degree in the year 1983, 84-85, 1987 respectively.

The college is also having Honours facility at the Degree level since 1992.

Now the college is running with about 1300 of students and 55 numbers of teaching and non-teaching staff. Most of the staffs are getting Grant-in-Aid from the Government.